The best way to travel from Trang Airport to Koh Libong is to take the joint bus and boat service operated by the reliable King Travel. The journey with King Travel is scheduled to take only two hours.
Bus Times from Trang Airport to Koh Libong
There is currently 1 direct service a day from Trang Airport to Koh Libong available to book online.
|Trang Airport||Koh Libong||Ticket||Company|
|12:00||14:00||฿ 742||King Travel|
- This service combines travel by minivan and local boat.
Buy tickets from Trang Airport to Koh Libong
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Trang Airport to Koh Libong.
About Travel to Koh Libong
All transport services from Trang to Koh Libong follow the same route. The first part of the journey is by road to Hat Yao Pier and the second part of the journey is a sea crossing to Koh Libong. The major differences between the various transport services available is price and departure point.
- Location of Trang Airport:
The cheapest way to travel from Trang to Koh Libong is to take a public bus from the Old Bus Terminal in Trang Town Centre to Hat Yao Pier, and then take a local boat from Hat Yao Pier to Koh Libong.
Travel via Trang Bus Station
Whilst travelling this local bus and boat from Trang to Koh Libong is inexpensive, there are some downsides to this option if you are flying into Trang as opposed to travelling by train or by bus:
- It’s just under 10 km from Trang Airport to the bus station in Trang Town. There are inexpensive minivan services you can take from Trang Airport to Trang Town, but the journey can take up to 30 minutes and you might need to wait a while for the next departure. Taxi services are available but you need to negotiate the price. Some driver ask for more than 1,000 THB for the journey.
- Assuming you have successfully reached Trang Town, and worked out which bus you need to take to Hat Yao Pier (the signs are all written in Thai), then your next challenge is finding a place in a boat to take you over to Koh Libong. You may need to wait a while, do some negotiating, and perhaps even need to hire a whole boat.
Advantages of a Private Transfer
A much easier option for travel from Trang to Koh Libong is to book a private transfer. For speed and convenience it’s well worth paying a relatively small amount more for a private transfer, particularly if you are on a one or two week trip to Thailand and you don’t want to waste half a day trying to save less than the equivalent of $10 USD.
- Location of Hat Yao Pier:
Passenger who book in advance to travel with King Travel from Trang Airport to Koh Libong will be met on arrival at the airport by their driver who will be holding a sign with their name written on it. The driver will then take passengers to a minivan for the journey by road to Hat Yao Pier, which takes around 45 minutes to travel 44 km.
- Location of Banphrao Pier in Koh Libong:
At Hat Yao Pier passengers using the King Travel service from Trang Airport to Koh Libong will alight from the minivan and go straight to a waiting boat for the sea crossing to Koh Libong. Koh Libong is located fairly close to the mainland. The distance from the Hat Yao Pier to Banphrao Pier is just under 6 km.
Boat Services to Koh Libong
Because of the short distance the type of vessel used for the trip to Koh Libong is a wooden longtail boat. These boats have seats and a sun cover. The journey takes around 45 minutes and most passengers find these types of boats comfortable enough for a journey of that length.
King Travel provide a transfer service, which means taking passengers all the way from Trang Airport to their accommodation in Koh Libong. Whether means alighting from the boat at Banphrao Pier in Koh Libong or being taken to other point on the island to disembark depends on exactly which resort you are staying at. Either way, King Travel will ensure that you get to your hotel.