By direct bus the journey from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport is scheduled to take 1 hour 30 minutes.
Bus times from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport
There are 3 daily direct services from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport available to book online.
|Khao Lak||Phuket Airport||Ticket Price||Company|
|08:00||09:30||฿ 500||Call Me Taxi|
|13:00||14:30||฿ 500||Call Me Taxi|
|17:30||19:00||฿ 500||Call Me Taxi|
- Call Me Taxi uses a 9 seat minivan on this route.
- Passengers are allowed one bag per person up to 20 kg on this service.
- Children under 2 years of age travel for free on this service if they share a seat with an adult.
Buy tickets from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport:
About travel Khao Lak to Phuket Airport
There are three ways you can travel from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport:
- Local Bus: This service is known as the ‘Red Bus’ service which you can flag down on the main road in Khao Lak. This local bus service runs from Ranong to Phuket Bus Terminal 2. The fare per person is 140 THB. The journey time is around 2 hours, but tends to vary a lot according to the number of pick up and drop offs on route.
- Taxi: Booked online a taxi from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport costs approximately 1,300 THB for a 4 seat car. The journey takes around 1 hour 30 minutes depending on the traffic.
- Shared direct minivan service: This service costs 500 THB per person and the journey takes roughly the same time as a taxi.
Please Note: Only the shared direct minivan and taxi options actually take you into the airport. The local bus service will drop you on the main road about 5 km from the airport and from there you will need to then pay for a taxi to get into the airport, which actually makes travelling by the slow local bus a more expensive option for travelling from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport than simply taking the shared direct minivan.
- Location of Khao Lak:
The disadvantage of taking a shared direct minivan from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport is that the pick up time can vary. Passengers are asked to make themselves ready to leave and wait in the lobby of the hotel 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. The reason being that the minivan will pick up 9 passengers on route, most likely at 2 to 3 different hotels. This means you might get picked up the whole 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time or exactly when the minivan was scheduled to depart having waited in the lobby for 30 minutes for no reason.
- Location of Phuket Airport International Terminal:
If you are travelling in a group of three or more people then the best option for travelling from Khao Lak to Phuket Airport is to book a taxi online. The cost of seats in the shared minivan for 3 adults (1,500 THB) or 2 adults and 2 children (2,000 THB) will be more than the cost of booking a private taxi. Also, when you travel by taxi you can arrange exactly when you want them to arrive to pick you up, which means no waiting around in the lobby and shorter waits at the airport for your flight to depart.