Ferries travel on 5 different routes from Na Thon Ferry Pier: 1. Koh Samui to Tapee Pier near Surat Thani city centre (for Surat Thani city, airport and train station), 2. Koh Samui to Koh Phangan, 3. Koh Samui to Koh Tao, and 4. Koh Samui to Bandon Pier in Surat Thani town centre.
- Ferries: There are two ferry companies operating from Na Thon Ferry Pier. The Seatran Car Ferry service to Don Sak departs from a different pier in Na Thon.
- Service: Also both ferry companies operate the same routes, quality of service varies amongst the two ferry companies operating out of Na Thon Ferry Pier, as do the ticket prices and the travel times.
- Travel to Surat Thani City, Train Station and Airport: Both ferry companies sell joint ferry and bus tickets which take passengers from the ferry pier in Don Sak to Surat Thani Airport or Train Station.
Ferry Services from Na Thon Ferry Pier
- For ferry departure times to each destination please see below.
|Tapee Pier (Surat Thani)||Lomprayah||600 THB|
|Koh Phangan||Lomprayah||350 THB|
|Koh Tao||Lomprayah||700 THB|
|Koh Tao||Night Boat||200 THB|
NB: The ticket pirce does not include the cost of bus or minivan transfers from the ferry pier on arrival in either Koh Phangan, Koh Tao or Tapee Pier to the airport, train station or your hotel.
Buy Ferry Tickets from Na Thon Pier
Enter either Surat Thani or Koh Phangan or Koh Tao into the Search Box below to buy ferry tickets from Koh Phangan Ferry Port online:
- Surat Thani Train Station and Surat Thani Airport are also listed as destinations and you can book tickets to travel direct to both airport and train station from Na Thon Ferry Pier.
There are five major ferry piers in Koh Samui. If none of the services from Na Thon pier meet your travel needs then search again using ‘Koh Samui’ as the departure point. Ferries to Koh Phangan and Koh Tao also depart from Bangrak Seatran Ferry Pier and Maenam Lomprayah Pier. For travel to Don Sak (for Surat Thani) you can also depart on a car ferry from Na Thon Setran Pier or Lipa Noi Raja Ferry Pier, and on a fast boat from Maenam Lomprayah Pier.
Location of Na Thon Ferry Pier
- Na Thon pier is in the centre of Na Thon town.
Ferry Times to Surat Thani (Tapee Pier)
The fastest and most convenient way to travel from Koh Samui to Surat Thani is to take the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Service which terminates at a pieron Tapee River a few minutes by road to the north of Surat Thani city centre.
Ferry Times and Ticket Prices from Na Thon Ferry Pier to Surat Thani
- The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company is currently operating 2 services a day from Na Thon Pier in Koh Samui to Tapee Pier near Surat Thani city.
|Ferry||Koh Samui||Surat Thani||Ticket|
Ferry Times to Koh Phangan
Ferry services from Na Thon Pier all arrive in Koh Phangan’s main town of Thong Sala. For direct ferries to Haad Rin in Koh Phangan go to the Haad Rin Queen Ferry Pier in Bangrak. During high season there is also a direct ferry from a pier in Maenam to Thong Nai Pan in the North East of Koh Phangan at 12.00 every day.
Ferry Times and Ticket Prices from Na Thon Ferry Pier to Koh Phangan
- There is currently only 1 company operating direct ferry services from Na Thon Ferry Pier in Koh Samui to Koh Phangan.
|Ferry||Koh Samui||Koh Phangan||Ticket|
Ferry Times to Koh Tao
There are currently only 2 ferry services a day from Koh Samui’s Na Thon Ferry Pier to Koh Tao. Ferry services from Koh Samui to Koh Tao also depart from Maenam Pier 2 times a day.
Ferry Times and Ticket Prices from Na Thon Ferry Pier to Koh Tao
- There is currently only 1 company operating direct ferry services from Na Thon Ferry Pier in Koh Samui to Koh Tao.
|Ferry||Koh Samui||Koh Tao||Ticket|
Ferry Times to Surat Thani City
There is also a single departure a day on the Night Boat which arrives at Surat Thani Night Boat Pier the following morning. Surat Thani Night Boat Pier, or Bandon Pier as it is also known, is within walking distance of the two downtown bus stations in Surat Thani town and the travel agencies on the Talad Mai Road. Be warned, however, that the Night Boat can be an uncomfortable experience and we do not recommend that families use the Night Boat.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Na Thon Pier to Surat Thani town centre:
|Ferry||Koh Samui||Surat Thani||Online Cost|
|Night Boat||21:00||03:30||200 THB|
Facilities at Na Thon Ferry Pier
The terminal building at Na Thon Ferry Pier is small has few facilities.
- Ticket offices for the Lomprayah Ferry Company. Tickets for the Songserm Ferry can be purchased at a roadside desk at the start of the ferry pier. Tickets for the Night Boat are sold at a desk next to where the boat is moored at the far end of the pier.
- Left luggage.
Na Thon Ferry Pier is in Na Thon town and there are shops and restaurants on the roads leading from Na Thon Ferry Pier.