There are currently 15 passenger ferry departures a day from Koh Phangan Ferry Port, travelling four routes: 1. Koh Phangan to Don Sak (on the Thai mainland), 2. Koh Phangan to Koh Samui, 3. Koh Phangan to Koh Tao, and 4. Koh Phangan to Bandon Pier in Surat Thani town centre.
- Ferries: There are four different ferry companies operating from Koh Phangan Ferry Port. The Songserm Ferry departs from a different ferry pier.
- Service: The quality of service varies amongst the four ferry companies operating out of Koh Phangan Ferry Port, as does the ticket price and the travel times.
- Travel to Surat Thani, train station and airport: The Raja Ferry Company, Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company and Seatran Disovery all provide connecting bus services to Surat Thani town, airport and train station which can be booked online at the same time as the ferry ticket.
Ferry Services from Koh Phangan Ferry Port
|Don Sak (Surat Thani)||Raja Ferry||220 THB|
|Don Sak (Surat Thani)||Lomprayah||500 THB|
|Koh Samui||Raja Ferry||150 THB|
|Koh Samui||Lomprayah||350 THB|
|Koh Tao||Lomprayah||450 THB|
|Surat Thani Town||Night Boat||500 THB|
* Cost does not include the cost of bus or minivan transfers from the ferry pier to the airport, train station or your hotel.
Buy Ferry Tickets from Koh Phangan
Enter either Suratthani or Koh Samui or Koh Tao into the Search Box below to buy ferry tickets from Koh Phangan Ferry Port online:
- Instant Ticket Confirmation.
- E-Voucher sent by e-mail after payment.
- Ticket prices are the same as at the Ferry Port.
- Suratthani Train Station and Suratthani Airport are also listed as destinations and you can book tickets to travel direct to both airport and train station from Koh Phangan Ferry Port.
There are ferry services departing from Koh Phangan from 05:00 until 17:30 every day. It is not normally necessary to need to need to book a ticket in advance to travel on the Raja Ferry or the Night Boat. However, it makes sense to book a ticket in advance for travel on the Lomprayah and Seatran Discovery ferries, particularly during the week after the Full Moon Party when more people than usual are trying to travel from Koh Phangan. The Lomprayah and Seatran Discovery ferries are more modern boars with limited seating and passenger capacity.
Location of Koh Phangan Ferry Port
- The ferry port is in the town of Thong Sala at the bottom end of the main street.
Ferry To Surat Thani (Don Sak)
The ferry ports in Don Sak are more than 65 km away from Surat Thani. Unless Don Sak is your final destination we advise you to book a joint bus and boat package to your final destination. You book these using the Search Box by typing in wherever it is you are going into the box marked ‘Destination’. There is no public transport from any of the Don Sak ferry ports, only private transfers operated by the ferry companies which need to be pre-booked before you arrive at the pier in Don Sak.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Koh Phangan Ferry Port to Don Sak:
|Ferry||Koh Phangan||Don Sak||Online Cost|
Ferry To Koh Samui
There are several different ferry ports in Koh Samui. When you choose which ferry to take you might want to think about which part of Koh Samui island you need to travel to, as well the cost and travel times of the ferries. If you need to get to Koh Samui Airport consider using the Seatran Discovery ferry as this services arrives at Bangrak Seatran Pier, which is near to Koh Samui Airport.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Koh Phangan Ferry Port to Koh Samui:
|Ferry||Koh Phangan||Koh Samui||Online Cost|
Ferry To Koh Tao
There are six ferries a day from Koh Phangan Ferry Port to Koh Tao. This is a popular route with lots of dray trippers going to Koh Tao and nearby Koh Nangyuan for snorkelling trips. The route gets even busier for a few days after the monthly Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan with lots of people leaving Koh Phangan to attend diving courses in Koh Tao, which is one of the cheapest places in the world to take a 3 day PADI Open Water Course to become a certified diver.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Koh Phangan Ferry Port to Koh Tao:
|Ferry||Koh Phangan||Koh Tao||Online Cost|
Ferry To Surat Thani town centre
There is a single ferry a day direct to Surat Thani town centre. The ferry completes the last part of the journey on the Tapee River to reach Bandon Pier in Surat Thani town centre. The service is simply known as the ‘Night Boat’. The Night Boat is a large wooden Thai fishing vessel converted to include a large room with mattresses, once of which will be allocated to each passenger. This is an uncomfortable boat which takes 7 hours to reach its destination. This boat is most popular with people wanting to arrive in Surat Thani town for an early start to an onward journey, such as the trip from Surat Thani to Ranong for ‘visa runs’ to the border with Burma. Surat Thani Night Boat Pier is within walking distance of the Talad Mai Road where many of the minivans depart and the main travel agencies are based.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Koh Phangan Ferry Port to Surat Thani City:
|Night Boat||22:00||04:00||500 THB|
Facilities at Koh Phangan Ferry Port
There only a few facilities at Koh Phangan Ferry Port:
- Ticket offices for the Lomprayah, Seatran and Raja Ferry Companies.
- Left luggage
Fortunately the port is located near the centre of Thong Sala, the main town on Koh Phangan. Within a 200 metre walk of the entrance to the ferry port you will find a wide range of shops, restaurants, bars and food stalls. If you have to wait a long time at the ferry port make use of the left luggage service and go into Thong Sala town for a meal and a look around the shops.