To get from Krabi to either Surat Thani Train Station, Surat Thani Airport, Koh Phangan or Koh Samui you first need to travel by bus to Surat Thani City. Phantip Travel have regular and inexpensive bus services from Krabi town to Surat Thani City. See below for information about onward travel from Surat Thani City to the airport, the train station and the ferry ports for Koh Samui and Koh Phangan.
Travel Times from Krabi to Surat Thani
There are 8 daily direct services Krabi to Surat Thani available to book online.
|Krabi||Surat Thani||Ticket Price||Company|
|06:30||10:30||฿ 250||Phantip Travel|
|07:00||11:00||฿ 250||Phantip Travel|
|08:30||12:30||฿ 250||Phantip Travel|
|09:30||13:30||฿ 250||Phantip Travel|
|10:00||14:00||฿ 250||Phantip Travel|
|11:00||15:00||฿ 250||Phantip Travel|
|11:30||15:30||฿ 250||Phantip Travel|
|13:00||17:00||฿ 250||Phantip Travel|
- Bus services to Surat Thani depart from Krabi Bus Terminal.
- The journey time from Krabi to Surat Thani by bus is 4 hours 00 minutes.
- The final stop on this service is Surat Thani train station, before reaching the train station the bus stops at Talat Kaset (2) in the centre of Surat Thani city.
Buy Tickets from Krabi to Surat Thani
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Phuket to Surat Thani.
The ticket price of 250 THB includes the cost of a transfer to Surat Thani train station. You do not need to go as far as Surat Thani Train Station if you plan to go Koh Samui or Koh Phangan, and you should alight from the bus at the first stop in Surat Thani which is Talat Kaset Bus Terminal (2) on the Talad Mai Road.
About travel to Surat Thani
Bus services to Surat Thani City depart from Krabi Bus Terminal which is located 5 km to the North of Krabi Walking Street in the centre of Krabi Town.
- Location of Krabi Bus Terminal:
The bus from Krabi terminates at the Talad Kaset (2) bus station which is on a side street off the Talad Mai Road in the centre of Surat Thani City.
- Location of the Talad Kaset (2) bus station:
For onward travel to either Surat Thani Train Station, which is located 16 km from Surat Thani city centre, or to Surat Thani Airport, which is located 27 km from Surat Thani city centre, walk to the main road (the Talad Mai Road) from the Talad Kaset Bus Terminal (2) and cross over that road to the Phantip Travel Office and enquire about the next departure to either the train station or the airport. If you have booked the 250 THB ticket from Krabi to Surat Thani through the Search Box above then the cost of the transfer to Surat Thani Train Station is included in the ticket price. For transfers to the airport you will need to pay extra.
- Location of Surat Thani Train Station:
Travel City to Airport
You can travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport by taxi or by bus:
- Taxi: You can easily flag down a taxi either on the Talad Mai Road or at the Talad Kaset Bus Terminal (2) where there are normally taxis waiting. The cheapest taxis are the small blue taxi vans which will cost 400 to 600 THB. The taxi cars are more expensive. They will refuse to use the meter and ask you pay around 600 to 800 THB.
- Public Minivan: The Phantip Travel Company operates shared minivan services to Surat Thani Airport from their office on the Talad Mai Road. They cost 140 THB per person booked in advance online and depart at 06.00, 07.00, 07.30, 09.00, 11.00, 12.00, 13.00, 13.30, 15.00, 16.30, 17.30, 18.00, and 19.00.
For more information and advance booking see our guide to travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport.
Travel to Koh Phangan and Koh Samui
You can also travel to the Islands by joint bus and ferry services from the Phantip Travel Office on the Talad Mai Road:
- Koh Phangan: Joint bus and ferry services to Koh Phangan depart from the bus stop by the Phantip Travel Office at 08.30, 10.30, 12.30, 14.30 and 16.30. The journey to Koh Phangan takes 4 hours and cost 380 THB booked online.
- Koh Samui: Joint bus and ferry services to Koh Samui also depart from the bus stop by the Phantip Travel Office at 08.30, 09.30 10.30, 11.30, 12.30, 13.30, 14.30, 15.30 and 16.30. The journey to Koh Samui takes 3 hours 30 minutes and costs 280 THB booked online.
Thairungruang Backpackers Suratthani
If you want somewhere cheap to stay for the night near to the Talad Kaset (2) bus station in Surat Thani City Thairungruang Backpackers Suratthani. From the Talad Kaset (2) bus station its a 350 metre walk to the Thairungruang Backpackers Suratthani.