To reach either Surat Thani Train Station or Surat Thani Airport you first need to travel into Surat Thani City. Both the train station and the airport are located a long way from the city centre. There are services which travel direct from Koh Phi Phi to both Surat Thani City and train station, but not direct to the airport. If you want to travel to Surat Thani Airport then you need to change transport in Surat Thani City and then take a minivan or a taxi from there to the Airport.
Travel Times to Surat Thani
There are two direct services a day from Koh Phi Phi to Surat Thani which you can book online.
|Koh Phi Phi||Surat Thani City||Train Station||Company|
- All services depart from Tonsai Pier.
- Tickets to Surat Thani city cost 600 THB per person.
- Tickets to Surat Thani train station also cost 600 THB per person.
- See below for information about travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport.
Buy Tickets to Surat Thani
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Koh Phi Phi to Surat Thani.
- Enter ticket your date of travel.
- Click to Find Tickets.
- Book online by debit card, credit card, PayPal or at 7-Eleven stores in Thailand.
About travel to Surat Thani
The first stage of the journey is a 2 hour ferry journey from Tonsai Pier in Koh Phi Phi to Klong Jilard Pier which is near to Krabi Town. Ferries depart at 09.00 and 13.30. Passengers with the Phantip Travel are asked to check in earlier at 08.15 and 13.00. From Klong Jilard Pier passengers are transferred by minivan to Krabi Town where they board a bus for the journey to Surat Thani City.
- Location of Tonsai Pier:
The first destination on route for Phantip Travel service from Koh Phi Phi to Surat Thani is the Phantip Travel Office at 293/6-8 Talad Mai Rd, Tambon Talat, Amphoe Mueang Surat Thani, Chang Wat Surat Thani 84000, Thailand. This the stop that where you should leave the bus if your final destination is Surat Thani Airport. The journey by minivan from Klong Jilard Pier to the Phantip Travel Office in Surat Thani takes around 2 hours to travel 160 km.
- Location of the Phantip Travel Office:
Surat Thani Train Station is the next stop on this service. Surat Thani Train Station is 16.4 km away from Surat Thani City in the neighbouring town of Phunphin. Unless you are planning to catch a train then you are unlikely to have any reason to travel to Surat Thani Train Station. Compared to Surat Thani City, the town of Phunphin has few facilities.
- Location of Surat Thani Train Station:
Koh Phi Phi to Surat Thani Airport
Once you have arrived in Surat Thani City you have two options for travel to Surat Thani Airport:
- Private Taxi: Expect to pay 400 to 700 THB depending on what type of taxi you take and how good you are at negotiating. The journey by taxi takes 33 minutes.
- Public Minivan: There is an hourly minivan service from Talad Kaset 1 Bus Station (near the Phantip Travel Office) to Surat Thani Airport from 06.00 to 19.00 every day. The journey takes 50 minutes and costs 140 THB booked in advance online.
See more information about minivan and taxi services from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport.
Diamond Plaza Hotel
If you need a hotel for the night in Surat Thani then we recommend staying at the Diamond Plaza Hotel. The Diamond Plaza Hotel is generally considered to be the best hotel in Surat Thani City and great value for money.