From Koh Lanta you need to first travel into Surat Thani City Centre to connect with bus services to Surat Thani Airport. You have the option of either:
- Taking a ferry from Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta to Klong Jilard Pier near Krabi Town, then a bus to Surat Thani City.
- Or travelling faster and more cheaply by taking the car ferry from the north island in Koh Lanta and then a minivan direct to Surat Thani City. From Surat Thani City there are hourly bus services to the Airport.
Bus and Ferry Times from Koh Lanta to Surat Thani Airport
There are 4 daily direct services Koh Lanta to Surat Thani available to book online.
|Koh Lanta||Surat Thani||Ticket Price||Company|
|08:00||15:00||฿ 650||Phantip Travel|
|12:00||19:00||฿ 650||Phantip Travel|
- Phantip Travel services include a minivan pick up from your hotel in Koh Lanta.
- The journey time from Koh Lanta to Surat Thani City is 7 hours 00 minutes with Phantip Travel and 8 hours 00 minutes with Songserm.
- From Surat Thani City the bus takes 50 minutes to reach Surat Thani Airport by minivan transfer.
- See below for more information about travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport.
Buy Tickets from Koh Lanta to Surat Thani Airport
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Koh Lanta to Surat Thani.
- Use the calendar function to select your travel date and click to Find Tickets.
- Secure online payment by card or PayPal.
- Instant ticket confirmation and electronic booking voucher.
About travel with Phantip Travel
- Route: The first stage of the journey with Phantip Travel is a hotel pick up in Koh Lanta for the short journey by road to Khlong Mak Car Ferry Pier on Koh Lanta’s north island, Koh Lanta Noi. The car ferry arrives at Hua Hin Pier on the mainland from where passengers travel 72 km to Krabi Town (this journey takes approximately 1 hour). At Krabi Town passengers will wait a short time before boarding a different minivan for the 155 km (2 hour) journey by road to Surat Thani City.
- Location of Klong Mak Pier in Koh Lanta:
- Arrival in Surat Thani: The minivan service from Koh Lanta terminates at the Phantip Travel Office at 293/6-8 Talad Mai Rd which in the centre of the city. Minivan services from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport are also operated by Phantip Travel and they depart from near to the Phantip Travel Office.
- Location of the Phantip Travel Office:
About travel with Songserm
- Route: The first stage of the journey with Songserm is ferry journey from Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta to a pier a short drive away from Krabi Town. From the pier in Krabi Songserm passengers are taken by minivan to Krabi Bus Station where they board a large bus for the journey to Surat Thani
- Location of Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta:
- Arrival in Surat Thani: The Songerm bus service terminates at Surat Thani bus station.
- Location of the Surat Thani Train Station:
Travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport
There are two ways to travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport
- Private Taxi: Expect to pay 400 to 700 THB depending on what type of taxi you take and how good you are at negotiating. The journey by taxi takes 33 minutes.
- Public Minivan: There is an hourly minivan services from the Talad Kaset 1 bus station in Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport from 06.00 to 19.00 every day. The journey takes 50 minutes and costs 140 THB booked in advance online.
From the Phantip Travel Office its 27.2 km by road to Surat Thani Airport. Depending on the traffic, and type vehicle you are travelling in, the journey takes 30 minutes to an hour.
For more information read our guide to travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport.
If you a cheap place to stay for the night before going to the Airport then consider booking a room at Thairungruang Backapckers Suratthani which is only 270 metres walk away from where minivans depart to Surat Thani Airport.