There are five companies operating direct services from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport: (1) Raja Car Ferry Company, (2) Phantip Travel Company, (3) Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company, (4) Seatran Discovery Company, and the (5) Songserm Company. The quickest service takes 3 hours 15 minutes, and the slowest takes around 5 hours. Tickets prices range from 540 THB per person to 850 THB booked online.
Ferry & Bus Times from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport
|Travel Company||Koh Phangan||Airport||Ticket Price|
|Phantip Travel||05:00||10:40||500 THB|
|Lomprayah Ferry||07:20||10:35||850 THB|
|Seatran Discovery||08:00||12:30||850 THB|
|Phantip Travel||08:00||12:40||500 THB|
|Phantip Travel||10:30||15:10||500 THB|
|Seatran Discovery||10:30||15:30||850 THB|
|Lomprayah Ferry||12:00||15:15||850 THB|
|Phantip Travel||12:30||17:10||500 THB|
Buy Tickets from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport
Tickets to travel from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport can be purchased online using the Search Box below:
- Compare ticket prices and travel times.
- Secure online booking.
- Instant ticket conformation.
Option 1: Raja Ferry from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport
The journey takes 5 hours 00 minutes with the Raja Ferry Company. The ferry journey is two and a half hours. This is a car ferry which is the slowest of the various ferries operating on the route from Koh Phangan to Donsak on the mainland. This company has newer and older ferries. The newer ones are better. Both types of ferry have a shop where you can buy drinks and snacks, toilets and comfortable seating.
On arrival at Donsak ferry pier on the mainland you transfer to a bus to Surat Thani City, a journey which takes which takes approximately an hour. From Surat Thani city it then a 45 minute journey in the same bus, or sometimes a minivan, to the airport. The scheduled times leave make little allowance for connection times and bad traffic. Allow for this service to be up to an hour late arriving so that you do not miss your flight.
- Service: The Raja Ferry company will take you all the way to Surat Thani Airport from Thong Sala Pier (Koh Phangan’s main port) by ferry and then by bus.
- Journey Time: 5 hours 00 minutes.
- Cost: 540 THB
- Raja Ferry travel times from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport
Option 2: Phantip Travel from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport
The Phantip Travel service is virtually identical to the Raja Ferry service for an additional 100 THB on the ticket price. Some people prefer the Phantip Travel service over the Raja Ferry service because Phantip Travel use a large bus to take passengers from the ferry port to the airport, whilst the Raja Ferry Company uses a minivan. You may also find that the travel times of the Phantip Travel Company are more convenient and therefore the extra 100 THB per person is worth paying.
- Service: The Phantip Travel company uses the same route as the Raja Ferry Company, and Phantip Travel customers also sail on the Raja Ferry.
- Journey Time: 4 hours 30 minutes.
- Cost: 500 THB
- Phantip Travel travel times from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport:
Option 3: Lomprayah Ferry from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport
The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Service is the most popular transport provider for the Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport and they often sell out of tickets in advance of the day of travel. The Lomprayah service is particularly busy around the time of the monthly Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan, and in the high season months of January, April and August each year.
The popularity of this service is to down three things:
- The services is fast. The Lomprayah Company does the journey in 3 hours 15 minutes, which is 1 hour 15 minutes quicker than anyone else.
- The ferries and buses they use are modern with good facilities.
- The staff are helpful. This is the only ferry service where they carry your luggage on and off the ferry for you.
The Lomprayah Ferry has a fleet of 7 high speed catamaran ferries. The largest ferries have a roof top sun deck and seating for 461 passengers as well as 6 toilets and a small shop selling hot and cold drinks, snacks and sandwiches.
- Service: The Lomprayah service goes direct from the pier in Donsak to Surat Thani Airport.
- Journey Time: 3 hours 15 minutes.
- Cost: 850 THB
- Lomprayah Ferry travel times from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport:
Option 4: Seatran Discovery from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport
The Seatran Discovery Company has comfortable boats and luxury buses. But provides the slowest service from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport. The ferries which the Seatran Discovery Company uses are fairly comfortable with air-conditioned cabins, outdoor seating and a shop selling drinks and snacks. This is a great service, however, it takes longer than necessary to travel from Koh Phangan to the airport in Surat Thani because they make passengers wait for connecting bus services from Surat Thani City to the airport.
- Service: The bus service from the ferry pier in Donsak travels to Surat Thani Airport via the Seatran Discovery Office in Surat Thani town.
- Journey Time: 5 hours 00 minutes.
- Cost: 850 THB
- Seatran Discovery travel times from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport:
Flights from Surat Thani Airport Before 10.30
A word of caution with this journey: if your flight is before 11.00, you will need to travel to Surat Thani the night before and stay in a hotel. For flights from Surat Thani Airport the minimum time you must arrive before the plane is scheduled to depart is 45 minutes. Arrive after this and you may miss your flight.
Travel in Thailand is frequently subject to delays. This is particularly the case when boat journeys are involved. The weather in the Gulf of Thailand is changeable and in rough seas the journey can take longer than expected. To avoid missing your flight when you travel from Koh Phangan you need to leave yourself extra time.
If you are in doubt over whether you can make your flight we advise you to stay in Surat Thani for the evening before your flight. Some of the hotels, such as the Diamond Plaza, Wang Tai, and 100 Islands Resort are pleasant places to stay.
Location of Thong Sala Pier
- All services from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport depart from Thong Sala Pier.
Route from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport
- Total Distance from Koh Phangan to Surat Thani Airport: 171 Kilometres
- Distance by ferry from Koh Phangan to Donsak ferry pier: 61 Kilometres
- Distance by road from Donsak ferry pier to Surat Thani airport: 110 Kilometres
- Location Map of Surat Thani Airport: