There are currently 20 ferry departures a day from Donsak Raja Ferry Port, travelling pn two routes: 1. Donsak to Koh Phangan (Thong Sala Pier), and 2. Donsak to Koh Samui (Lipa Noi Pier).
- Ferries: All services are operated by the Raja Ferry Company using large car ferries.
- Reliability: Because the ferries are large they can still operate when the weather is bad.
- Getting to the Port: Raja Ferry Port is 66.7 km from Surat Thani City Centre and most foot passengers choose to buy a joint bus and boat ticket from Surat Thani City Centre all the way to Koh Samui or Koh Phangan.
Ferry Services from Donsak Raja Ferry Port
Routes, journey times and ticket prices of ferry services from Donsak Raja Ferry Port.
|Koh Samui||170 THB||1 hrs 30 min|
|Koh Phangan||240 THB||2 hrs 30 min|
Buy Tickets from Donsak Raja Ferry Port
Use the Search Box below to buy your Raja Ferry tickets.
Tickets for joint bus and ferry services from Surat Thani City, Surat Thani Airport and Surat Thani Train Station to both Koh Samui and Koh Phangan are available to book online through the Search Box above.
Location of the Donsak Raja Ferry Port
- Donsak Raja Ferry Port is located at 25/1 Moo 8, Mittraphap Road, Don Sak, Suratthani 84220
Ferry Times from Donsak to Koh Samui
There are currently 15 ferry services a day departing from Donsak Raja Ferry Port to Koh Samui from 05:00 until 19:00 when the last ferry to Koh Samui departs.
- Ferry times and ticket prices from Donsak Raja Ferry Port to Koh Samui:
The journey takes a fairly standard time of 90 minutes to reach Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port in Lipa Noi on the West Coast of Koh Samui.
- Location of Lipa Noi Ferry Pier in Koh Samui:
Ferry Times from Donsak to Koh Phangan
There are currently 5 ferry services a day departing from Donsak Raja Ferry Port to Koh Phangan from 05:00 until 18:00 when the last ferry of the day to Koh Phangan departs.
- Ferry times and ticket prices from Donsak Raja Ferry Port to Koh Phangan:
The journey takes a fairly standard time of 2 hours 30 minutes to reach Koh Phangan Ferry Port in Thong Sala on the South Coast of Koh Phangan.
- Location of Thong Sala Ferry Pier in Koh Phangan:
About Donsak Raja Ferry Port
Donsak Raja Ferry Port is one of the busiest of several ferry ports in the Donsak area. Rival ferry companies such as Seatran Ferry, Lomprayah High Speed Ferry and Songserm all operate out of different ports in the same area.
The Raja Ferry Company used to be the only car ferry service from Donsak to Koh Phangan. However, Seatran Ferry has now commenced a similar and slightly faster service from Donsak to Koh Phangan and the number of passengers using the Raja Ferry has declined as a consequence.
Facilities at Donsak Raja Ferry Port
If you have not been to Donsak Raja Ferry Port for a few years you will be surprised at much the facilities have been upgraded. The Raja Ferry Company have invested a decent amount of money into improving the facilities at the ferry port no doubt to allow them to compete on an equal footing with the rival companies operating ferries on the same route.
Facilities at Donsak Raja Ferry Port have been significantly upgraded and now include:
- Air-conditioned terminal building
- Ticket Office and separate Information Desk
- Digital display screens showing ferry departure times
- Large, clean and modern toilet facilities
- Coffee shop
- Large restaurant
The second floor restaurant has excellent sea views and the price of the food is only slightly more expensive than standard restaurant in Surat Thani City. The restaurant menu is fairly short but the range of foods is supplemented by a ‘special menu’ advertised on signs around the terminal building and available to order in the restaurant.