There are 12 passenger ferry departures a day from Na Thon Ferry Pier, travelling four routes: 1. Koh Samui to Don Sak (for Surat Thani town, airport and train station), 2. Koh Koh Samui to Phangan, 3. Koh Samui to Koh Tao, and 4. Koh Phangan to Bandon Pier in Surat Thani town centre.
- Ferries: There are two ferry companies operating from Na Thon Ferry Pier. The Seatran Car Ferry service to Don Sak departs from a different pier in Na Thon.
- Service: Also both ferry companies operate the same routes, quality of service varies amongst the two ferry companies operating out of Na Thon Ferry Pier, as do the ticket prices and the travel times.
- Travel to Surat Thani City, Train Station and Airport: Both ferry companies sell joint ferry and bus tickets which take passengers from the ferry pier in Don Sak to
Ferries from Na Thon Ferry Pier
|Destination||Ferry Company||Cost *|
|Don Sak (Surat Thani)||Songserm||250 THB|
|Don Sak (Surat Thani)||Lomprayah||400 THB|
|Koh Phangan||Songserm||250 THB|
|Koh Phangan||Lomprayah||300 THB|
|Koh Tao||Songserm||550 THB|
|Koh Tao||Lomprayah||380 THB|
|Surat Thani City||Night Boat||200 THB|
* Cost does not include the cost of bus or minivan transfers from the ferry pier on arrival in either Koh Phangan, Koh Tao or Don Sak to the airport, train station or your hotel.
Buy Ferry Tickets from Na Thon Pier
Enter either Suratthani or Koh Phangan or Koh Tao into the Search Box below to buy ferry tickets from Koh Phangan Ferry Port online:
- Suratthani Train Station and Suratthani Airport are also listed as destinations and you can book tickets to travel direct to both airport and train station from Na Thon Ferry Pier.
There are five major ferry piers in Koh Samui. If none of the services from Na Thon pier meet your travel needs then search again using ‘Koh Samui’ as the departure point. Ferries to Koh Phangan and Koh Tao also depart from Bangrak Seatran Ferry Pier and Maenam Lomprayah Pier. For travel to Don Sak (for Surat Thani) you can also depart on a car ferry from Na Thon Setran Pier or Lipa Noi Raja Ferry Pier, and on a fast boat from Maenam Lomprayah Pier.
Location of Na Thon Ferry Pier
- The ferry port is very close to the centre of Na Thon town.
Ferry To Surat Thani (Don Sak)
Ferries from Koh Samui’s Na Thon Pier to Surat Thani arrive at one of the ferry piers in Don Sak. The ferry piers in Don Sak are over 65 km from Surat Thani town and for this reason most passengers from Koh Samui choose to book a bus transfer with the same company that operates the ferry they used. There are no public bus or minivan services operating from any of the piers in Don Sak so unless you have your own car or plan to take a taxi you should purchase a transfer from Don Sak to Surat Thani at the same time as you purchase your ferry ticket.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Na Thon Ferry Pier to Don Sak:
Ferry To Koh Phangan
Ferry services from Na Thon Pier all arrive in Koh Phangan’s main town of Thong Sala. For direct ferries to Haad Rin in Koh Phangan go to the Haad Rin Queen Ferry Pier in Bangrak. During high season there is also a direct ferry from a pier in Maenam to Thong Nai Pan in the North East of Koh Phangan at 12.00 every day.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Na Thon Ferry Pier to Koh Phangan:
Ferry To Koh Tao
There are 3 ferries a day from Koh Samui’s Na Thon Ferry Pier to Koh Tao. There are other 3 services a day to Koh Tao from Bangrak Seatran Pier and a single daily service a day to Koh Tao from Maenam Lomprayah Pier. Booking in advance is recommended especially in the days leading up to the monthly Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan. Ferries from Koh Samui to Koh Tao stop on route at Koh Phangan and for this reason they can become very busy with people travelling to Koh Phangan for the party.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Na Thon Ferry Pier to Koh Tao:
Ferry To Surat Thani City
There is also a single departure a day on the Night Boat which arrives at Surat Thani Night Boat Pier the following morning. Surat Thani Night Boat Pier, or Bandon Pier as it is also known, is within walking distance of the two downtown bus stations in Surat Thani town and the travel agencies on the Talad Mai Road. Be warned, however, that the Night Boat can be an uncomfortable experience and we do not recommend that families use the Night Boat.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Na Thon Pier to Surat Thani town centre:
|Night Boat||21:00||03:30||200 THB|
Facilities at Na Thon Ferry Pier
The terminal building at Na Thon Ferry Pier is small has few facilities.
- Ticket offices for the Lomprayah Ferry Company. Tickets for the Songserm Ferry can be purchased at a roadside desk at the start of the ferry pier. Tickets for the Night Boat are sold at a desk next to where the boat is moored at the far end of the pier.
- Lef luggage.
Na Thon Ferry Pier is very close to Na Thon town and there are shops and restaurants on the road which to the beach leading to Na Thon Ferry Pier.