There are 19 ferry departures a day from Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port in Lipa Noi, travelling two routes: 1. Koh Samui to Surat Thani (Donsak Raja Ferry Port), and 2. Koh Samui to Koh Phangan (Thong Sala Ferry Port).
- Ferries: All services are operated by the Raja Ferry Company using large car ferries.
- Reliability: Because the ferries are large they can still operate when the weather is bad.
- Getting to the Port: Raja Ferry Port is 66.7 km from Surat Thani City and most foot passengers choose to buy a joint bus and boat ticket from Koh Samui to Surat Thani City, Airport or Train Station.
Ferry Services from Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port
|Donsak||140 THB||1 hrs 30 min|
|Koh Phangan||150 THB||1 hrs 30 min|
Buy Ferry Tickets from Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port
Use the Search Box below to buy your ferry tickets from Koh Samui online:
- For travel to Koh Phangan, enter ‘Koh Phangan’ as the Destination in the Search Box.
For travel to the mainland you have a number of options in addition to travel to the mainland ferry port in Donsak, which is a long way away from a major town or city:
- ‘Suratthani Town Raja Ferry’: If you select this option then you will be able to purchase a joint ferry and bus ticket to Surat Thani city centre.
- ‘Suratthani Train Station’: If you select this option then you will be able to purchase a joint ferry and bus ticket to Surat Thani Railway Station which is 16 km from Surat Thani city centre.
- ‘Suratthani Airport’: If you select this option then you will be able to purchase a joint ferry and bus ticket to Surat Thani Airport which is 24 km from Surat Thani city centre.
Ferry Services from Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port
The Raja Ferry Company has a fleet of car ferries. They use a number of different types and sizes of ferries, with some ferries being older than others. The better ferries tend to be used on the popular Koh Samui to Donsak, with older and slower ferries used on the short Koh Samui to Koh Phangan route, which is the joint cheapest ferry service from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan and the only one which will transport cars and motorbikes between the two islands. All Raja ferries have covered seating areas, toilets and a shop on board.
Location of the Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port
- 1, Tambon Lipa Noi, Amphoe Ko Samui, Surat Thani, 84140, Tambon Lipa Noi, Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani 84140
Ferry services to Surat Thani (Donsak)
There are 15 ferry services a day departing from Koh Samui to Donsak Raja Ferry Port in Surat Thani Province from 05:00 until 19:00 when the last ferry to Donsak departs. The journey takes a fairly standard time of 90 minutes to reach Donsak.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port to Donsak Raja Ferry Port:
- Location of Donsak Raja Ferry Port: 25/1 Moo 8, Mittraphap Road, Don Sak, Suratthani 84220
Ferry services to Koh Phangan
There are 4 ferry services a day departing from Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port to Koh Phangan Ferry Port from 09:00 until 18:00 when the last ferry of the day to Koh Phangan departs. The journey takes a fairly standard time of 1 hours 30 minutes to reach Thong Sala Pier in Koh Phangan.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port to Koh Phangan:
|Koh Samui||Koh Phangan||Online Cost|
- Location of Thong Sala Ferry Pier in Koh Phangan:
About Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port
Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port is a large port with several piers. As well as foot passengers this port has a lot of commercial business with trucks being carried on the Raja Ferry services as well as passenger bus services.
The Raja Ferry Company operates a low cost ferry service for passengers and vehicles, and in particular it operates the only car ferry service to Koh Phangan. These factors make the Raja Ferry service as popular with Thai people living on Koh Samui and Koh Phangan as it does with people visiting the islands on holiday. Over the years the facilities at this port have grown. The port has three ferry piers, a very large car parking area and a modern newly renovated and extend ferry terminal building with good facilities and smart modern decor.
Facilities at Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port
The facilities at Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port has been recently modernised as part of wider programme of improvement by the Raja Ferry Company in relation to the standard of its passengers services.
Facilities at Koh Samui Raja Ferry Port now include:
- Modern fully A/C terminal building and waiting area.
- Ticket counter and information desk.
- Television screens with departure information.
- Inexpensive restaurant.
- Convenience store.
- Black Canyon coffee shop
- Modern toilets.
The Raja Ferry Company also operates a minivan transfer service from its ferry terminals in Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Donsak. If you need to book onward transport from either of these three Raja Ferry terminals enquire at the information desk inside Koh Samui Raja Ferry terminal.