From Koh Lanta you need to travel into Surat Thani City Centre to connect with bus services to Surat Thani Airport. You have the option of taking a ferry from Saladan Pier in Koh Lanta to Klong Jilard Pier near Krabi Town, then a bus to Surat Thani City, or travelling faster and more cheaply by taking the car ferry from the north island in Koh Lanta and then a minivan direct to Surat Thani City. From Surat Thani City there are hourly bus services to the Airport.
Travel Times to Surat Thani
There are 4 daily direct services Koh Lanta to Surat Thani available to book online.
|Koh Lanta||Surat Thani||Ticket Price||Company|
|06.00||12.00||฿ 550||Phantip Travel|
|09.00||15.00||฿ 550||Phantip Travel|
|11.00||17.00||฿ 550||Phantip Travel|
|14.00||20.00||฿ 550||Phantip Travel|
- All 4 services include the cost of a minivan pick up from your hotel in Koh Lanta.
- The journey time from Koh Lanta to Surat Thani City is 6 hours 00 minutes. From Surat Thani City the bus takes 50 minutes to reach Surat Thani Airport.
- See below for more information about travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport.
Buy Tickets to Surat Thani
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Koh Phi Phi to Surat Thani.
- Use the calendar function to select your travel date and click to Find Tickets.
- Secure online payment by card or PayPal.
- Instant ticket confirmation and electronic booking voucher.
About travel to Surat Thani
The first stage of the journey with Phantip Travel is a hotel pick up in Koh Lanta for the short journey by road to Klong Mak Car Ferry Pier on Koh Lanta’s north island, Koh Lanta Noi. The car ferry arrives at Hua Hin Pier on the mainland from where passengers travel 72 km to Krabi Town (this journey takes approximately 1 hour). At Krabi Town passengers will wait a short time before boarding a different minivan for the 155 km (2 hour) journey by road to Surat Thani City.
- Location of Klong Mak Pier in Koh Lanta:
The minivan service from Koh Lanta terminates at the Phantip Travel Office at 293/6-8 Talad Mai Rd which in the centre of the city. Bus services from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport are also operated by Phantip Travel and they depart from the Phantip Travel Office.
- Location of the Phantip Travel Office:
From the Phantip Travel Office its 27.2 km by road to Surat Thani Airport. Depending on the traffic, and type vehicle you are travelling in, the journey takes 30 minutes to an hour.
- Route to Surat Thani Airport:
Travel City to Airport
There are two ways to travel from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport
- Private Taxi: Expect to pay 400 to 700 THB depending on what type of taxi you take and how good you are at negotiating. The journey by taxi takes 33 minutes.
- Private Bus: There is an hourly bus from Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport from 06.00 to 19.00 every day. The journey takes 50 minutes and costs 140 THB booked in advance online.
For more information see our information page about Surat Thani City to Surat Thani Airport.
If you a cheap place to stay for the night before going to the Airport book a room at Thairunruang Backapckers Suratthani its only 270 metres walk away from the Phantip Travel Office.