There are 22 ferry departures a day from Donsak Raja Ferry Port, travelling two routes: 1. Don Sak to Koh Phangan (Thong Sala Pier), and 2. Don Sak to Koh Samui (Lipa Noi Pier).
- Ferries: All services are operated by the Raja Ferry Company using large car ferries.
- Reliability: Because the ferries are large they can still operate when the weather is bad.
- Getting to the Port: Raja Ferry Port is 66.7 km from Surat Thani city centre and most foot passengers choose to buy a joint bus and boat ticket from Surat Thani city centre all the way to Koh Samui or Koh Phangan.
Ferry Services from Donsak Raja Ferry Port
|Koh Samui||140 THB||1 hrs 30 min|
|Koh Phangan||210 THB||2 hrs 30 min|
Buy Ferry tickets from Donsak Raja Ferry Port
Enter either Koh Samui or Koh Phangan into the Search Box below to buy ferry tickets from Donsak Raja Ferry Port online:
- Instant Ticket Confirmation.
- E-Voucher sent by e-mail after payment.
- Ticket prices are the same as at the Ferry Port.
All journeys from Donsak Raja Ferry Port are on large car ferries. The quality of the ferries varies. Some ferries are better than others, however, all meet a good standard of cleanliness with soft seats, toilets and a shop. These are large ferries and you can comfortably walk around. All ferries have indoor and outdoor seating and wide walkways allowing passengers to move around easily during their journey.
Location of the Donsak Raja Ferry Port
- 25/1 Moo 8, Mittraphap Road, Don Sak, Suratthani 84220
Ferry To Koh Samui
There are 15 ferry services a day departing from Donsak Raja Ferry Port to Koh Samui from 05.00 until 19.30 when the last ferry to Koh Samui departs. The journey takes a fairly standard time of 90 minutes to reach Lipa Noi Pier on the West Coast of Koh Samui.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Donsak Raja Ferry Port to Koh Samui:
|Koh Samui||Donsak||Online Cost|
- Location of Lipa Noi Ferry Pier in Koh Samui:
Ferry To Koh Phangan
There are 7 ferry services a day departing from Donsak Raja Ferry Port to Koh Phangan from 06.00 until 18.00 when the last ferry of the day to Koh Phangan departs. The journey takes a fairly standard time of 2 hours 30 minutes to reach Thong Sala Pier on the South Coast of Koh Samui.
- Travel Times and Ticket Prices from Donsak Raja Ferry Port to Koh Phangan:
- Location of Thong Sala Ferry Pier in Koh Phangan:
About Donsak Raja Ferry Port
Donsak Raja Ferry Port is the busiest of several ferry ports in the Donsak area. Rival ferry companies such as Seatran, Seatran Discovery, Lomprayah High Speed Ferry and Songserm all about out of different port in the same area.
The Raja Ferry Company operates a low cost ferry service for passengers and vehicles, and in particular it operates the only car ferry service to Koh Phangan. These factors make the Raja Ferry service as popular with Thai people living on Koh Samui and Koh Phangan as it does with people visiting the islands on holiday. Over the years the facilities at this port have grown. The port has three ferry piers, a very large car parking area and a modern newly renovated and extend ferry terminal building with good facilities and smart modern decor.
Facilities at Donsak Raja Ferry Port
If you have not been to Donsak Raja Ferry Port for a few years you will be surprised at much the facilities have been upgraded. The Raja Ferry Company have invested a decent amount of money into improving the facilities at the ferry port no doubt to allow them to compete on an equal footing with the rival companies operating ferries on the same route.
Facilities at Donsak Raja Ferry Port have been significantly upgraded and now include:
- Air-conditioned terminal building
- Ticket Office and separate Information Desk
- Digital display screens showing ferry departure times
- Large, clean and modern toilet facilities
- Coffee shop
- Large restaurant
The second floor restaurant has excellent sea views and the price of the food is only slightly more expensive than standard restaurant in Surat Thani town. The restaurant menu is fairly short but the range of foods is supplemented by ‘special menu’ advertised on signs around the terminal building and available to order in the restaurant.